Hello friends! It has been a while but Happy 2016! Last year was a busy year and although I am still cooking, I haven’t had a chance to sit down and post recipes. I hope that I can change that. Today’s post is a recipe I made last night: Chicken a la Gloria. Not sure who Gloria is or the history of this recipe but it is a great meal to serve on a weekday. It can be served by itself but I highly recommend serving this with a side of crusty bread, pasta or rice.
4-6 Chicken thighs, Bone-In, without skin
~1/3 cup flour
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons butter
8 -10 oz sliced crimini mushrooms
1 tablespoon garlic
1 large shallot, diced
1/2 sherry wine (not cooking wine)
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk (I used skim)
6-8 slices of muenster cheese
chopped parsley to garnish
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Salt and Pepper the chicken thighs and dredge them in flour
- Heat oil in large frying pan.
- Shake excess flour off chicken thighs and brown chicken on both sides in the frying pan.
- When chicken is browned, place chicken in a baking dish
- To frying pan used to cook chicken, add butter, mushrooms and shallots. Season with salt and pepper.
- On medium heat, saute mushrooms and shallots until mushrooms start to brown.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add sherry cook until sherry is almost completely reduced (mixture should be very thick)
- Add milk and condensed mushroom soup and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Pour sauce over chicken thighs in baking dish.
- Top chicken with slices of muenster cheese.
- Place baking dish in oven for 30-40 minutes, until chicken thighs are completely cooked and the cheese has browned.
- Allow dish to rest for 10 minutes before serving.