I have seen many recipes for No-Knead Bread on the internet. Many of them require you to have an expensive Dutch Oven, which I do not have. I love making fresh bread and I have found that a simple glass baking dish and aluminum foil will make a wonderful loaf of bread.
3 cups of unbleached flour
3/4 teaspoon of yeast (rapid/quick acting)
1 1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 of warm water
- Combine flour, yeast, salt and water. The dough will be sticky.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and then spray the top of the dough.
- Cover in saran wrap or put a towel over it and place in a warm area for 6 hours or more.
- Turn dough onto a greased plate and let the dough sit, covered in saran wrap, for 1 hour.
- 40 minutes into this 1 hour time, place an oven ready glass casserole (I used a round deep glass pie dish) into the oven and turn the oven on 450 F.
- Let the oven and glass plate heat for 20 minutes (the remainder of the 1 hour).
- Open oven, pull out the rack where the dish is so that you can access it easily and pick up dough in your hands, make it into a ball (as best as you can) and put it into the dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, covered and then uncover and bake for 15 more minutes.
To Make Parmesan-Garlic No-Knead Bread:
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (less if you don’t want it to be too strong)
3 -4 tsp of garlic (depends on how strong you want the garlic)
2 tablespoons oregano
2 tablespoons basil
Add these additional ingredients to the dough prior to letting the dough rest.