Inspiration: I have friends coming over and I wanted to make them something special. I didn’t want to do a regular chocolate cake and s’mores were too simple. I also didn’t want to make a graham crust and luckily, I had the mini crusts in my cabinet. So, viola! Mini S’mores Cakes!
1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons milk (I used skim, but whatever you have in the house)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons of butter, melted
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/8th teaspoon baking soda
1/8th teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
6 individual graham cracker crusts
handful of mini marshmallows
handful of chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Mix flour, milk, egg, vanilla, butter, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, sugar together.
- Using half of your chocolate chips and mini marshmallows, put them in each of the individual graham cracker crusts.
- Divide up the batter between the 6 crusts.
- Top with remaining chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Place the individual cakes in a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes or toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with a big glass of milk 🙂
Omit the chocolate chips, marshmallows and graham cracker crusts and this is a wonderful chocolate cake, on its own.
Just butter and flour small oven pans (or line cup cake tin with cupcake paper) and bake for 25 minutes. Drizzle with chocolate sauce.
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
splash of vanilla extract
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon butter
milk – depending on how thick or thin you want the sauce
- Melt butter and mix with sugar.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Mix in milk, teaspoon at a time until it becomes a sauce you are able to drizzle with.
- Drizzle on cake 🙂