As promised for my Aunt and Mother-In-Law. This pastry is a favorite for any special occasion. You can make it with Almonds, Cashews or Pistachios.
Key to this is stir!!!! Another good upper body work out recipe.
1 stick of butter
1 lbs of ricotta cheese
1/2 cup of sugar
1 cup of almonds, ground
pinch of saffron
1 tablespoon of milk
1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- Melt butter and ricotta cheese and allow to cook for about 20 minutes on medium heat. Stir frequently!
- Add sugar, almonds and cardamom to the mixture. Keep stirring!
- In a separate small pot, toast saffron strands. When it is toasted, grind with milk and then add it to the ricotta mixture. Don’t forget to stir stir stir!
- Keep stirring the mixture until it is so dry that it holds it shape when you push it to one side of the pot.(you may have to lower the heat)
- Butter a pan and press mixture into it.
- Cut into squares before it cools and then when the Badam Pak becomes room temperature, cover and refrigerate.
- After Badam pak is cool, break up the pieces and store in an air tight container.
*I had made this for house guests during my wedding. As soon as I can find a picture, I will post it*