Cold rainy day in New York! Soup is needed for days like these!
Fennel, is a herb that I hardly ever use. I have no idea why not. It is so healthy for you! This soup has a wonderful creamy, slightly sweet flavor that is very soothing. Plus, it doesn’t have many calories per bowl and is very filling.
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 big onion, chopped
2 fennel bulbs, chopped (save the top leaves)
2 (14.4 oz) cans chicken broth (or vegetable broth) – *Check can to make sure broth is gluten-free as bouillon cubes may contain gluten!
- Saute onions with olive oil for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add fennel and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and simmer soup until fennel is soft.
- Puree soup in blender and then return to pot.
- Season with black pepper (to taste) and garnish with fennel leaves.