I had a craving for something sweet and I didn’t want to make a chocolate cake. My very favorite childhood treat was Betty Crocker’s Yellow Cake Mix. It is so easy to make your own batter! This is a great recipe for yellow cup cakes. Top these with your favorite icing (I used nutella!) and enjoy!
2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups of sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup milk
1 stick of butter, softened ***KEY SOFTEN, not MELTED, Trust me, you want chunks of butter in your batter.***
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Measure out milk and then add enough vegetable oil, to make the measurement 1 1/3 cup.
- Add butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Line cupcake in with liners and pour about 1/4 cup of batter into each mold.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
*note with frosting your cupcakes…This is very difficult but wait until the cupcakes cool a bit before frosting. It will make frosting a lot easier*