We just finished a long drive and my husband and I were hungry. I haven’t cooked much this weekend because we had my mother-in-law over and we were out most of the time. Luckily, my mother packed us a lot of Thanksgiving leftovers. So, I decided to make Turkey Shepherd pies.
Makes 4 mini pies
1 cup of Leftover Turkey, chopped small
1/2 cup of leftover vegetables, chopped small
- Butter 4 cups in a cupcake pan.
- Cover the bottom of each of the buttered cups with some stuffing, gently packing it to form a base.
- Mix together turkey, vegetables and egg. I tasted the mixture before adding the egg and it needed some seasoning (I added garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper. Do what you feel is best).
- Pack the filling, on top of the stuffing, until you almost reach the top of the cupcake cup.
- Mold mashed potatoes over the turkey filling
- Bake at 450 F for about 20 minutes (or until you see the potatoes brown)
Serve with cranberry sauce and gravy.
I didn’t have leftover gravy, but should you need to make a quick gravy:
3 Tablespoons of Flour
3 Tablespoons of Butter
Chicken Stock (or Turkey Stock)
- Melt butter with flour, whisking constantly. Allow mixture to cook for at least 5 minutes.
- SLOWLY add chicken stock, Whisking constantly!
- Keep gradually adding chicken stock, until you have a pourable gravy, that does not thicken, when you stop whisking.
- Season to your taste.