When I saw a picture of this recipe, I had to make it! The caramelized goodness on the chicken was enough to make me running to my kitchen. I decided to make this as the main dish to my knishes. The recipe is really easy and tasted fantastic. My only regret is that I didn’t make more.
2 chicken leg quarters, separated and skinned
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
2 teaspoons of chili powder
1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
3/4 teaspoon coriander powder
3/4 teaspoon of cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon of Mexican Hot Chili Powder
1/4 cup Honey
1/2 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Combine ingredients for the rub and coat chicken pieces with the mixture. Allow to marinate for at least 2-3 hours.
- Heat oven to 425F
- Place aluminum foil in a baking dish and grease with Pam. Arrange chicken pieces in tray and cover tray with aluminum foil to create a seal.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked.
- Make glaze by microwaving the honey (to make it easier to mix) and adding the cider.
- When chicken is baked, coat with glaze, on one side and broil until caramelized. Keep watch over the broiler, as honey can burn fast.
- When one side is down, turn chicken over and repeat.