Still had a lot of Turkey and mashed potatoes, leftover from Thanksgiving! I had saved it in the freezer because there were so many other events to celebrate after Thanksgiving. Today, I was determined to use the remaining leftovers.
This recipe also gave me a change to go through the fridge for stray vegetables that needed to be used as well.
Turkey Pot Pie
2 stalks of celery, cut into small pieces
1/2 a Spanish onion
1 large carrot, cut into small pieces
handful of baby bella mushrooms, with stems, sliced
1/4 cup of frozen peas
1 1/2 cups of mashed potato
2 tablespoons of butter
~1/2 of milk (skim, heavy cream, 1% any type you want)
Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic powder – To Taste
Pastry Crust Dough – See my Pastry Crust Post for the recipe. Makes enough for 3 mini pot pies
This recipe will make at least 6 mini pies, so you may want to double the pastry dough recipe or purchase a store bough pie and make 1 large pot pie.
- Saute onions, celery, sweet potato and carrots until the sweet potato can be pierced easily with a fork
- Slowly stir in mashed potato and milk until you have a thick creamy gravy
- Add turkey, mushrooms, peas and butter and allow mixture to cook on medium-low for about 5 minutes
- Add seasoning to taste
- Prepare bottom part of pie crush and add a heaping amount of filling. Cover with more pie dough and cut slits for steam
- Bake at 375 F for 40 minutes or golden brown