Ok, so I have a guest who is staying overnight. I didn’t have time to make a big dinner (Go to the grocery store etc). So, I pulled out a container of leftover BBQ Pulled Pork. I love making bread and one of the things I tried to do since I started housekeeping is not have purchased bread in the house. Yes, sometimes, I need to purchase bread, but when I can, I try to make my own bread. I normally purchase onion bread from the store, for hot sandwiches. I decided today to try my hand at making my own rolls.
1/2 cup of warm water
1 large egg
2 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 tablespoon of active dry yeast
1 tablespoon of butter, soften
1/4 cup of caramelized Spanish onion, chopped
- Combine all ingredients (minus onions) and knead until smooth and elastic (you will have a very sticky dough)
- Place dough in a greased bowl. Cover dough and let it rise for 1 hour.
- Caramelize your onions and allow to cool.
- Punch down dough and knead the caramelized onions into the dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls and place on an ungreased baking tray
- Flatten out the balls of dough to 1/2 inch discs
- Allow dough to rise for 1 hour
- Bake at 375F for 15 minutes
4 responses to “Caramelized Onion Rolls”
Oh my. These look outrageously yummy.
Thanks Chrissy! ❤ I hope that you both can come to dinner one day, I will make them especially for you.
These look great! I am going to gain so much weight this Christmas lol
Lol my husband says the same thing 🙂 I am glad you like the recipes. Love your blog, as well.