Hello World! I haven’t written in a few days. Holidays are coming up and I had been visiting my family and getting ready for Christmas. Because of this, I have been serving foods, that I had previously frozen, from the freezer for dinner. Today, was another busy day, but I was happy to remember that I had frozen pizza dough (Dough Recipe Here!) and sauce (Sauce Recipe Here!). So, while I was out shopping, I picked up some fresh mozzarella and from my Aerogarden, I plucked some fresh basil and made pizzas!
After dinner, I was craving something sweet. I hadn’t planned on dessert (I had a few leftover desserts in the fridge, my husband and I already consumed). I wanted something quick and easy. Well, this recipe is not only quick but really simple and fast to clean up.
2 large squares of Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate (I used Ghirardelli)
1/4 cup of butter (4 tablespoons or 1/2 a stick)
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1 whole egg
1 egg yolk
3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Grease REALLY WELL, 2 oven ready custard cups.
- Place chocolate and butter into a microwavable container and microwave on high for 1 minute
- Whisk chocolate and butter, until chocolate is completely melted
- Whisk in sugar and flour
- Add egg and egg yolk
- Divide the batter between the two custard cups and place both custard cups in a baking tray
- Bake for 13-15 minutes (Sides are firm, center is soft)
- Let it stand for 1 minute and make sure that the cake has pulled away from the sides of the cup.
- Invert cakes on dishes and serve with (Whipped Cream) or French Vanilla Ice Cream
4 responses to “Molten Lava Cakes For Two”
cooooooooooool…. i love it
Hope you try it!
Can’t believe you started and finished this in like, 15 minutes. Delicious!
I love to surprise you 🙂