When there is a major holiday, my mother, sister and I used to always make waffles. We used to use mixes but making your own waffle batter is so easy! Plus, you don’t have to buy expensive mixes, as most of the ingredients are already in your kitchen. My favorite part of this recipe is that I can just throw the ingredients in the blender and have it do the mixing. The blender then becomes my overnight batter container (with lid!) and the next day, it becomes my easy pour container, when I pour the batter onto my waffle iron. Win/Win!
So, if you have had a busy day and you have guests for breakfast in the morning, just throw together this easy to make batter before you go to bed and have fresh homemade waffles in the morning! This recipe makes 4 waffles.
1 cup of milk
1/4 teaspoon of instant yeast
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1/2 tablespoon of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of salt
4 tablespoons of melted butter
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
- Add milk (Milk first!), yeast, flour sugar, salt butter and vanilla in a blender.
- Blend until all contents are well mixed
- Leave batter at room temperature overnight
- In the morning, add egg and blend
- With cooking spray, grease your waffle iron and pour batter and cook
- Keep hot waffles on a cookie tray, in the oven at the lowest setting (not stacked or you will get soggy waffles) until ready to serve.