Ok, I was going to make Sweet Potato Fries tonight but then I thought..I want something more savory. So to go along with our Swiss, Onions and Mushrooms Burgers, I decided to make Cajun Fries.
I have always had trouble with making fries in the oven. The potatoes always end up sticking to the tray or get way to greasy. I think that I have finally found a happy middle ground. The trick is to make sure you spray a layer of cooking spray on your baking dish before you place your olive oiled potatoes onto the tray. (I used to just coat the potatoes). Also, don’t crowd your tray, You want to avoid overlapping your potatoes. Ok, here is the recipe!
2 potatoes cut in small wedges (I made curly fries and circles)
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/8 teaspoon of white pepper, black pepper, onion powered, garlic powder
Dash of cumin powder and cayenne pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400F
- Combine spices in a mixing bowl and add potatoes.
- Add enough olive oil to coat all the potatoes
- Place aluminum foil in a baking tray and spray the bottom with cooking spray
- Place potatoes, in one layer, on the baking tray
- Bake for 10 minutes (potatoes should be cooked through) and then broil on high for 3-5 minutes (or until golden brown)
- Flip each Cajun Fry over and broil for another 3-5 minutes (or golden brown)
- Place on paper towel to remove excess oil