Cinnamon Rolls…need I say more? Perfect way to end 2010. Viola!
Ingredients For Dough:
1/4 cup milk
3/4 teaspoon of rapid-rise yeast
1 large egg
1 cup + 6 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch
2 1/2 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
4 tablespoons of butter, softened.
Ingredients for Filling:
1/2 cup of light brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
dash of salt
4 tablespoons of butter, soften and spreadable
Ingredients for Frosting:
1 cup of powdered sugar
1/2 tablespoon of butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
2 tablespoons of heavy cream (or milk)
- Mix all ingredients for dough and knead until soft.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and cover with saran wrap and let it rest for 1 hour.
- On a floured board, roll out dough into a rectangle
- Spread butter on dough
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and sprinkle over butter
- Starting at one end, roll dough into a cylinder
- Cut into even rolls and place cut side up on a greased baking tray
- Cover and let rise for 1 hour
- Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes
- Meanwhile, whisk together powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and heavy cream until you get a thick, hard to stir consistency
- Remove the hot cinnamon rolls from oven and spread frosting on top. It will melt and run into the rolls.
Serve with a big glass of cold milk and enjoy with the ones your love, as you ring in the new year.
Happy New Years to everyone!
May the best of 2010 but the worst of 2011!