About a week ago, I was going through foodpress for the latest entries for inspiration. I saw this beautiful Zucchini and Puff Pastry dish by La Casita Inspirada, on the main page. It looked memorizing. I had to make it! For the last 5 days, this recipe had been on my mind, waiting for the perfect opportunity to add this to our dinner. Today was the day I finally made it! My husband and I were having a leftover night and as always, I try to have something fresh, as a side. I changed the original recipe to to use what ingredients I had at home. The results: a crispy, flavorful pastry that was a perfect accompaniment to roasted chicken.
Thank you La Casita Inspirada for the wonderful recipe and inspiration! Please Click Here for original recipe!
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 strips of maple bacon, diced
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
Zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
1 roll of phyllo dough, defrosted
- In a frying pan, saute bacon, garlic and onions until onions are browned. Allow mixture to cool
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Place phyllo dough on a greased cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray
- Spread onion and bacon mixture evenly on dough, leaving a boarder
- Cover with zucchini slices.
- Sprinkle Havarti Cheese, Black Pepper and Dill over Zucchinis
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Bake for 30 minutes (when phyllo dough is golden brown) and then broil until cheeses brown
4 responses to “Savory Zucchini Pastry”
This is a beautiful work of art and I love zucchini so will have to give it a try but have to admit I am sometimes so lazy that I will probably do this with a flat bread of some type.
Thank you so much! I think that I will be using a pastry dough next time I make this. I loved the puff pastry, but it gets everywhere. Try making it on some ready to bake focaccia bread. 🙂 Thank you for visiting and Happy Cooking!
So glad you tried this! The bacon is a great add… I’ll have to try that next time!
Thank you again, so much!