Tuesdays are now my new favorite mornings! Every Tuesday, my husband has his day off and we have a nice breakfast together. Every Monday night, we ask each other “What shall we make for breakfast tomorrow?” Usually, we try something new, sometimes we repeat old favorites. It is just wonderful to have our breakfast dates. This past Monday night, my husband posts a link to my facebook page, asking me to make bacon egg cups. I replied back with cornmeal pancakes. Both sounded so good, that I made both!
1 cup of cornmeal
1 cup of boiling water
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of flour (Gluten sensitivity: use rice flour)
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 cup of milk
- Combine cornmeal and boiling water and mix well (May get lumpy, don’t worry)
- Add remaining ingredients (except cooking spray)
- Spray a frying pan with cooking spray and heat (medium-high)
- Heat oven to 200 F and place an oven safe plate inside
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter onto frying pan and fry until the underside is golden brown. Then flip the pancakes.
- When pancakes are done, place them in oven to keep warm until serving.
Enjoy and Happy Cooking!