Another wonderful morning, where my husband and I could spend time together for breakfast. I decided to make eggs casserole-style mixing a bunch of ingredients, I had available to work with. We both LOVE caramelized onions and potatoes and this time, I decided to add bell peppers, mushrooms, bacon and sausage to the mix. I think I had the IHOP Skillets in my mind when I made this dish. My husband loved the results and this is a definite morning breakfast keeper. You can eat this right out of the baking dishes or side out the casserole into a plate (It won’t fall apart). This recipe is for 2 individual egg casseroles.
1 onion, sliced
2 strips of bacon, diced
1 large potato, diced
1/4 of a green bell pepper, diced
1/4 of a red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup of sliced mushrooms
2 small links of sausage, diced
Cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a skillet, saute onions and bacon until the onions start to turn slightly brown
- With heat on medium to medium low, add potatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms and sausage. If you need, add a little canola oil
- Sautee mixture until onions are caramelized and potatoes are browned and cooked through
- Pre heat oven to 425 F
- With cooking spray, grease two oven safe ramekins
- Portion caramelized vegetable mixture into each ramekin
- Crack two eggs in each ramekin, over vegetable mixture and sprinkle with cheddar cheese
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until eggs are set and cheese has melted
- Serve in ramekins or slide out each casserole onto a plate
6 responses to “Individual Egg Casserole-Gluten Free”
I would love to wake up to this. This looks wonderful!
Thank you so much!
You know, I have never made anything like this recipe but there’s always a first for everything. I love this egg casserole. I would have to make one for my mother, because she always likes to sample everything lol. I’m telling you Samina, cookbook 😉
I hope she likes it *hugs*
I have been wanting to try baking eggs and this gives me much more of an incentive to do so!
I started baking eggs when I was in school. I was renting a separated room, part of a bigger house and I only had a toaster oven and microwave to work with 🙂 I love challenges and I learned how to do many of my favorite breakfasts in my toaster oven. I love baked eggs!