As I mentioned before I am always looking for new ways to serve chicken leg quarters. It is one of my favorite cuts of meat because not only is it really moist and tender, but it is also inexpensive. One leg quarter can be one or two servings, depending on what sides you serve with it. I also tend to cook a lot of Asian flavors. I love soy sauce, I think I am addicted to it. This recipe is a sweet and savory chicken that is has a finger licking goodness. I suggest marinating the chicken as long as possible, turning it halfway through (The marinade actually stains the chicken)
1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons of sugar
1/4 cup of honey
1/4 cup of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of low-sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons of garlic, finely minced
1 tablespoons of sesame seeds
3 chicken leg quarters, cut into thighs and legs
- Combine vinegar, sugar, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic into a large bowl or strong resealable bag.
- Add chicken and allow chicken to marinate for at least 4 hours (turning over bag after 2 hours) or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 and place chicken on greased baking pan. (Reserve marinade!)
- Cover pan in foil and allow chicken to bake for 30-40 minutes. You don’t want it fully cooked yet..as you will be broiling the chicken afterwards.
- Place leftover marinade in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce sauce to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes (until sauce thickens)
- After baking chicken for 30 minutes, remove any juices in the pan and set oven to broil
- Glaze cooked marinade over chicken and broil chicken for about 10 minutes, glazing chicken every 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and allow chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving
6 responses to “Sticky Chicken”
I love the flavours on that chicken, I would love this consumesd with my hands so I can lick them afterwards. That sticky sauce looks so yummy
Thank you so much! I am dying to try that garlic soy chicken you posted the other day. It looks so delicious!
Great dish! Really enjoyed this one. Definitely a keeper!
Ohhh Samina….. I don’t know what to say. I am totally speechless when it comes to this recipe because I have to try it. I mean tomorrow. My mouth is getting watery and I think it’s time to go to the supermarket now lol.
I feel the same way about leg quarters! They sell them for a fraction of the cost of other cuts, it’s crazy! This looks delicious, I just may have to make this for dinner tomorrow.
I hope you enjoy it! 🙂 Let me know how it turns out!