Another Tuesday has passed and Tuesday mean: Special Breakfasts! Needless to say, the easiest, most tasty breakfast (for us) is the simple bacon and eggs combo. I try to find new ways to make this humble breakfast. This time, I decided to make them into pastry! The night before, I made crepe batter. Crepes always turn out better, if they sit overnight. Hope you enjoy!
(adapted from Janae Monir’s Crepes)
1 cup of milk
1/3 cup of water
3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Combine all ingredient in blender and mix until smooth.
- Let batter rest overnight, in refrigerator
- Give the batter a quick blend, when you remove the batter, in the morning
- Lightly spray a frying pan with cooking spray and heat pan on medium
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter onto pan and swirl pan, to allow batter to coat the bottom of the pan
- When sides of the crepe start to dry and become golden brown, slide a slightly greased spatula under the crepe and flip it over
Sunny Side Crepes (makes 2)
2 strips of bacon, cooked and cut in half
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Place one crepe on a greased baking sheet (on one side of baking sheet)
- Place two strips of bacon (two halves) side by side, in the center of the crepe
- Crack one egg, on top of the bacon (try to keep the yolk in the center.
- Fold over the sides of the crepe so that it covers the egg whites
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Repeat with remaining bacon and egg, on the other side of the baking sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes
2 responses to “Sunny Side Crepes”
I never thought of this before! The drippy egg yolk must taste amazing with the crepe!
This was definitely a fun way to serve bacon and eggs 🙂 I hope you enjoy it…I broke the yolk and let it cover everything..Yum!