Sometimes, I like to go through google images, looking for inspiration. Sometimes, I type in key words or phrases and have it show me images. I often do this, to get inspiration for breakfast foods. I found an awesome picture from a vintage magazine for Bird In The Nest. It is a simple variation on egg in the hole and quite fun to make. I hope you enjoy this whimsical take on breakfast. I served it with fresh orange juice, coffee and bacon.
1 egg, separated (make sure you leave the yolk whole)
salt and pepper, to taste
slice of bread
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Separate egg from yolk and with a hand mixer (or kitchen aid or whisk) whisk the egg white until soft peaks form.
- Lightly toast your bread
- Slide egg whites onto toasted bread and form a little valley in the center
- Pour egg yolk in the center of this valley
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until egg whites start to brown and yolk is set