One of my favorite lasagnas is a spinach lasagna. I love spinach (almost as much as I love chocolate) and anytime I can add it to my meal, I am a happy person. What I like about lasagna rolls, is that you can perfectly portion out your meal. When I make lasagnas, they are usually big dishes that end up being frozen or eaten for a few days. Usually, that is not a problem and is often a good thing, on days when I am really busy and don’t have time to cook. However, cooking is a form of stress reliever and creative outlet for me and I enjoy my time in the kitchen. Plus, I am not a huge fan of leftovers. This recipe, makes 8 servings (4 if you have a big appetite) and can be scaled to smaller or larger amounts. There are many variations you can make, including the classic meat version. Enjoy!
1/2 cup of ricotta cheese
1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon of parsley
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
6 oz of frozen spinach
Black pepper, to taste
Four Cheese Spinach Lasagna Roll:
8 lasagna noodles, (I used muligrain noodles)
8 slices of provolone cheese, thin sliced
- Cook lasagna noodles a little firmer than al dente (I cooked mine 1 minute less than instructions) and then drain and fill pot up with cold water (so noodles do not stick and are cool enough to handle.
- Combine all ingredients for filling, set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In an oven-safe casserole dish, spread a layer of marinara sauce on the bottom and sides of the dish.
- Lay flat, one lasagna noodle and spread a portion of filling on top.
- Roll noodle and place it seam side down in casserole dish.
- Repeat with remaining noodles
- Cover all the lasagna rolls with provolone cheese
- Sprinkle mozzarella, Parmesan and garlic on top of provolone cheese
- Decorate with fresh basil
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown
10 responses to “Four Cheese Spinach Lasagna Rolls”
Wow the taste of this lasagne must be heavenly, they look gorgeous. Yummy!
Thank you so much!!!
Sounds really delicious. And nice artwork!
Hello Three-Cookies! Long time no see! Thank you so much!
I love my time in the kitchen too! and this spinach lasagna looks so hearty and warm for an empty empty stomach.
🙂 Yes it was. That and a nice salad and some garlic bread and I am in heaven! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
I love spinach lasagna too! It is amazing. My hubby’s family makes lasagna roll-ups but I actually haven’t tried to make them myself yet. Yours look so yummy!!!
Thank you so much 🙂 I hope you give it a try. I thought they would be difficult to manage, which filling going everywhere but it wasn’t difficult at all.
We call these lasagna roll ups. Pumpkin and I love them and eat them with spinach and cheese. Hubster prefers layered meat lasagna… good thing he gets out voted.
LOL! Yes, two against one! Hope Pumpkin is doing well and the same for you and your husband. (And your niece). I love how this blog allows me to become friends and get to know different people 🙂