A few post earlier, I had written a post on Sloppy Joe Filling. I had promised to post the recipe for the buns I used but completely forgot. Oppps! Well, without further ado, Sloppy Joe Buns for your sloppy joes! Sorry about the delay!
1 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar
warm water (about 1/2 – 3/4 cup)
milk, for brushing
sesame seeds or poppy seeds (optional)
- Combine all ingredients adding just enough water to make a soft dough.
- Cover dough and allow it to rest for at least 1 hour (double its size)
- Divide the dough into six pieces
- Form a round ball out of each piece and place on greased baking sheet.
- Flatten each piece slightly.
- Allow dough to rise for 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 450 F and make sure there is two racks in the oven.
- Brush each roll with milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds or poppy seeds (or omit)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
2 responses to “Buns of Sloppy Joe Sandwiches”
I finished the sloppy joes ages ago Samina, thanks for leaving me hanging! Kidding, these look great and I like the idea of brushing them with a bit of milk.
LOL looks like I was a bit too late 😉 I like brushing the bread with milk because I hate wasting an egg to make an egg wash and I hate melting butter (plus it makes my hands greasy when I eat the bread) lol 🙂