Ok, so my husband and I are not very good fruit eaters. I try and try but fruit is not something we automatically reach for. When we are in the mood for fruit, we do have quite a bit of it but there is always one fruit that has a tendency to be overlooked. Bananas. They always go overripe at our house. Lucky for me, my husband and I love banana muffins. I have had a lot of good comments regarding this recipe so I decided to share it 🙂 I have a tendency to cut the sugar, so if you want a sweeter bread, add 1/4 cup more of sugar. I made 12 cupcake sized muffins and 12 mini-muffins. Enjoy!!!
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of butter, softened
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup of buttermilk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
You can add nuts if you want – 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease your baking pan (small loaf pan – need 2), cupcake pans (will make about 18), mini muffins (a lot)
- Combine all the ingredients and mix only until everything is moistened. (don’t over mix)
- Pour into your greased baking pan
- Bake at 350 F (Small Loaf Pans for 30-40 minutes, Cupcake Pans for 25 minutes, Mini muffin pans-15 minutes)
- Stick the banana bread/muffin with a toothpick and if the toothpick comes out clean, they are ready.
Enjoy with milk, tea or coffee!!
6 responses to “Banana Bread/Muffins/Mini-muffins”
Oooh, nice recipe. I use sour cream instead of buttermilk for my banana bread goods. I’m curious how the buttermilk will taste 🙂
Ooh sour cream 🙂 I haven’t tried that either. We will have to swap baked goods!
This is so amazing! I got hungry just by looking at your post! =)
I almost wish that I had a few overripe bananas myself 🙂 Have a great day!
It’s always nice to get another muffin recipe and I love using buttermilk in baking.
Buttermilk makes food so much better! 🙂