Well, it is another cold and rainy day today. This winter, I wanted to try and make more hearty and low-fat soups. My husband’s job requires him to be outdoors during the day. I know that when it is cold outside, I welcome a soup that warms you up on the inside. I also like to pack these soups for my husband’s lunches. Last week, I made a beautiful sweet potato bisque and with that success I was excited to try this yummy combination!
This soup is very simple, really healthy and has a nice spicy kick to it. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
4 cups of your favorite broth (chicken or vegetable)
1 small onion, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
1 small head of cauliflower, florets
4 red bell peppers
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 tablespoon of butter
1/4 cup of fat-free half and half
1 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
Red pepper flakes for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 450 F.
- Wash and remove any stickers from the red bell peppers.
- Place bell peppers on an aluminum foiled tray and place in oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, rotating the peppers until the peppers are blackened.
- Place roasted bell peppers in a plastic bag and close it. Let the peppers rest in its steam for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the bell peppers from the bag and remove the blackened skins.
- Cut up the bell peppers.
- In a large pot, saute onions and garlic in butter until onions are softened.
- Add cauliflower and broth and let the pot to simmer until cauliflower is tender.
- Add bell peppers and black pepper.
- Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth
- Add half and half and taste for salt
- Garnish with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes
Have a warm cozy day!
2 responses to “Roasted Red Bell Pepper and Cauliflower Soup – Gluten Free”
I have to say I am so happy for this recipe!!! I have a friend coming in from out of town, and she’s kind of a foodie, so I’m planning on having this on hand for her when she arrives. =)
Enjoy! I really like this soup! I need to make it again!