I have been craving a fruit dessert for a while but in my family, I am the only one who would want to eat it! Lucky for me, a friend dropped in unexpectedly for dinner. I was so happy to see him and best of all, he brought with him peaches and some Vanilla Bean ice cream!! Cobbler time!! I definitely love this recipe but the next time, the sugar for the topping and the filling will be reduced. It was a bit too sweet for my tastes. The recipe to follow is without sugar alteration. Other than that, it was easy to do and delicious. I didn’t get a chance to take a before picture but I did manage a single shot 🙂
Ingredients Cobbler Topping:
1 1/4 cups of flour
2/3 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1 stick of cold butter, cut into cubes
Ingredients Cobbler Filling:
6 peaches, skin removed and sliced
3 tablespoons of sugar
3 teaspoons of flour
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a mixer/food processor, combine all ingredients for the topping and mix until you get a crumbly mixture.
- Combine peaches with sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Pour peach mixture in an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Spread the crumbly topping mixture over the peaches. Make the crust as thick or thin as you wish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and the peaches start to bubble.
Enjoy with some Vanilla ice cream and/or glass of cold milk!