Ok, those who are chocolate addicted will know that there are times when chocolate is absolutely needed. (Is there a time that chocolate is not needed?) Well today was one of those days where no other dessert would do..and I didn’t want to spend a lot of time making it. These cookies were a quick answer to my prayers. Chocolate chips with a fudge like cookie make this a cookie that will definitely give you that quick chocolate fix. They are small, so you don’t have to feel too guilty 🙂
1 stick of butter, softened
4 tablespoons shortening
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of cocoa powder
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2/3 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cream together butter, shortening and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined
- Add in cocoa powder, flour and salt and mix until just combined (watch out for flying cocoa powder and flour)
- Fold in chocolate chips (Dough will be crumbly but moist)
- Scoop out a well-rounded teaspoon of dough.
- Roll dough until it forms a smooth ball and place it on a parchment paper covered cookie tray.
- Don’t worry about crowding as these cookies will not spread out, just make sure they don’t touch each other.
- Make for 10-12 minutes. The inside will be soft and the outside will be cooked.
Try to wait until they are cooled before dunking them into a glass of cold milk and devouring them.