My husband and I planned last night to wake early and make and Egg and potato breakfast. Needless to say, when we woke up, we both got lazy. My husband started contemplating the simplicity of a bowl of cereal. I eat cereal most mornings and I was really looking forward to a hot breakfast.
So, I went to the kitchen and looked at my ingredients. This recipe makes 2 Egg Muffins.
1/2 of a small potato, thinly sliced into rounds
sliced breakfast meat, thinly sliced and cut small
(I used Spam…we had leftovers-no need to grease cup when using this)
3 tablespoons of milk
fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Take a slice breakfast meat and line the bottom of a cupcake or muffin tin. (If you are using a lean meat, grease the muffin tin first).
- Place a slice of potato on top of the layer of breakfast meat and place an additional slice of breakfast meat on top.
- Line the sides of the muffin tin with thin potato slices and breakfast meat, alternating between slices.
- Bake in oven for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, milk and pepper (to taste)
- Divide egg mixture between muffin tins, pressing potato and meat sides to the sides of the tin (if needed)
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until when you tap the tray, the egg is firm.
- Need to grease tin first: ham, turkey, chicken
- No greasing first: spam, bacon (raw)
Egg additions: (avoid anything too salty)
- broccoli, spinach, onions, tomato