I got in the mood for peanut brittle. Its one of my favorite treats. I love caramelized sugar on peanuts. Besides, I have been seeing a lot of recipes lately that include bacon and since tomorrow is Friendsgiving, I have a perfect excuse to make Bacon Peanut Brittle!
The best part is that you can make this in the microwave!
JUST ONE THING TO NOTE: As soon as you are finished with the bowl you are using to cook with, soak it in WARM OR HOT water! Otherwise you will have a tough time getting all the candy of the bowl. 🙂
1 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup of light corn syrup (you can use dark as well, it will just make the brittle darker)
1 cup of roasted peanuts
1 teaspoon of butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract *McCromick Brand is Gluten Free*
1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Place parchment paper in a tray and spray with Pam
- In a 2 quart, microwavable bowl, combine sugar and syrup. Microwave for 4 minutes.
- Add peanuts, stir and microwave for 3 1/2 minutes.
- Add butter and vanilla extract, stir and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Take bowl out of microwave, add baking soda and stir and pour into prepared pan
- Allow to cool and break into pieces!
Bacon Peanut Brittle:
- Cook until soft, 2 strips of bacon. (Don’t cook until crisp!)
- Cut into tiny bits and add along with the peanuts.