If I had mentioned before that I was a pretty fussy salad eater, my husband, is more a specific salad eater. His ideal salad, is one where there is more meat, than there is vegetables. 🙂 We were having some guests over and I wanted to serve something green, to brighten the meal. Recently, my husband discovered that he enjoyed baby spinach. That with some chicken, caramelized onions, mushrooms and bacon I had the makings of a salad. I served this with some Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette (from the store) and it was a big hit. The leftovers went great as filling for omelets the next day.
1 onion, sliced
2 strips of bacon, diced
8 oz of white button mushrooms, sliced
olive oil (if needed)
1 chicken breast
salt and pepper
2 -3 cups of baby spinach
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper
- Saute onions and bacon until onions start to turn brown
- Add mushrooms and allow them to brown along with the onions
- Remove mixture from pan and allow to cool
- Heat the same pan and grill chicken breast until the center is no longer pink (if you need olive oil to prevent sticking, do so)
- Allow chicken to rest covered.
- When getting ready to serve, slice chicken into small bite sized pieces.
- Combine baby spinach, onions/mushrooms/bacon mixture and chicken in a large serving bowl
- Serve with your favorite dressing
10 responses to “Chicken and Spinach Salad – Gluten Free”
Hey Samina :). Love this chicken and spinach salad. Spinach is a favorite of mine, so when I can include it in something.. I try my best. This is just delicious. Love it girl 🙂
🙂 I am addicted to spinach. My absolute favorite, it throwing it in soup.
Looks yummy. I’m actually a fan of warm salads and would probably throw everything together sooner than later lol
I love warm salads too 🙂
Hubster likes steak and fries on his salad… haha. Luckily Pumpkin is really good at eating any type of salad I put in front of him!
lol Your husband should watch the epic meal time video called “epic meat salad.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFB_vHVFM_8&feature=player_embedded He would get a kick out of that. I am trying to enjoy it more but I don’t care for them during cold weather. If it is a hot sunny day, nothing is more satisfying 🙂
mm chicken mixed with a salad! Had never seen this, but it looks good, very good.
It may be a way to cheer up a sad salad, with only green color and some tomatoes 😛
lol 🙂 Definitely a salad for non-salad eaters 🙂 How have you been? I have not seen you in awhile. Hope everything is well with you!
Mmmm, bacon! You make gluten free fun.
lol It is amazing how many dishes I normally make are gluten free already. It does make things easier. Good thing bacon is gluten free!