Ahh…nothing like coming home, after a day of training at my new job, to find my husband making dinner for me. 🙂 He is so wonderful and it was such a welcome treat. After resting for a bit (my feet hurt!) I decided to make us both a little dessert. Nothing says comfort and what a good day, than chocolate cake. BUT I didn’t want to bake a whole big cake and heat up the apartment, with the stove. So, in comes my handy Chocolate Cake in a Mug recipe, to save the day. This simple, two person recipe is great for a quick dessert and can be ready in less than 10 minutes. The trick is that this cake is microwaved! 🙂
3 tablespoons of butter
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
dash of salt
3 tablespoons of milk
dash of vanilla extract
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter.
- Add remaining ingredients (minus chocolate chips)
- In two 8 oz mugs (regular coffee mugs), pour about half the batter (quarter of the batter in each mug)
- Sprinkle half of the chocolate chips, into each mug.
- Cover chocolate chips, with the remaining batter
- Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Microwave, on high, each mug (separately) for 1 1/2 minutes. The cake will rise but still look shiny on the top.
- Let chocolate cake cool a bit (steam will be escaping) before eating or you will burn your mouth 🙂