I love making pies. My husband, for my birthday, gave me mini pie plates and I am having so much fun baking with them! Today, I decided to make a meat and potatoes pie. I had ground pork (on sale!) and a sweet potato, that I really needed to use. Well, why not? So, I mixed a little of this and a little of that and I came up with Sweet Potato Pork Pies. I have a few variations of this dish, that I want to try in the future. I hope you like this one!
1 cup of ground pork
1/2 cup of sweet potato, diced small
1/2 cup of onions, diced small
2 strips of bacon, diced small
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
Fresh Parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary
black pepper (to taste)
- Saute onions and bacon until onions start to brown.
- Add sweet potatoes and brown sugar and cook for and addition 2 minutes
- Remove from heat and combine with ground pork, parsley, rosemary and black pepper
- Roll out dough and cover the bottom of a mini pie plate
- Spoon in pork mixture and cover with another portion of rolled out dough
- Seal edges and crimp (with fingers or a fork)
- Cut vents into the top and spray top with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing pie from pie plate.