Yesterday, I posted my recipe for Chicken, Black Bean and Avocado Quesadillas. It was a big hit at my house but sadly this filling, as a Quesadilla, was not desired the next day. However, my husband encouragingly suggested I make something else with my leftover ingredients. So, I sat and I thought. Then I went to the kitchen and stood and thought. I thought about my tortilla dough. I wasn’t in the mood to make tortillas again but I really craved the flavors of my quesadilla from the night before. Then, I thought, why not make it like a calzone?! So, I started gathering ingredients for my pizza dough. As the dough was forming, I started to think some more and I threw in some cheddar cheese and some salsa. By then, the dough started becoming a tad sticky and I was not willing to play around too much in forming calzones. Then it hit me….PIZZA!
A Ball of Pizza Dough (reduce water by 1/2 a cup)
Salsa 1/3 cup
1/2 cup of Mexican Blend Cheeses (or sharp cheddar)
Canned Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
Mexican Blend Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 F and place a nonstick baking pan to heat.
- Combine Pizza Dough with 1/3 cup salsa and 1/2 cup Cheese. If ball of dough is too dry, add more water. Too sticky, add more flour.
- Roll or press dough into a large round about 1/4 thick
- Carefully, place dough on heated baking pan. Bake for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove baking pan from oven and flip over pizza dough.
- Quickly top the cooked side with chicken, black beans, salsa and cheese.
- Place baking pan back in oven and bake until all the cheese melts and crust becomes golden brown
Serve with Salsa, Guacamole, Sour Cream or Hot Sauce. 🙂